Case Study Challenge #119

My good friend Jeanne Jachna of A Kept Life and one of the Design Team Members of Case Study Challenges has been telling me I should play along with their challenges.  This week, (Case Study Challenge #119) she told me the challenge was totally me...CAS.   I took a peek at the inspiration photo, a beautiful card made by muse Angeline Yong.  I love bakers twine.  Love it.  I also love embossed polka dots, so Jeanne was right, this week is a great time for me to try this challenge. 
 Here is the card I made using bakers twine and polka dots:

I used Waltzingmouse stamps Bright Season with the beautiful vintage candle and lamp.  I was so lucky my friend Renee Lynch of A Patchwork Life had loaned it to me for a few days and I stamped off a couple of images before I returned it to her.  I used yellow and white twine behind the lamp to simulate the glow from the candle.  I used a Martha Stewart pine branch for the pine boughs, tied another little twine bow and cut out the lamp chain with two circle punches.  The lamp is adhered to my card base that is embossed with a cuttlebug folder.  The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Compliments of the Season.  I have decided that what I like about the Case Study challenge is you can use any stamps you want, anything from the picture that inspires you...so many choices and ways to go, almost anything you want to make!  I look forward to being inspired by their great challenges from now on.

20 comments:

Oh my gosh, how cool how you put the twine behind the lantern! I can totally see where all your inspiration came from :)

Renee said...

It's fabulous!!
Love how you used the twine behind the candle...
perfect!! :)
And the pine branches...
love them!!
And you know I have to enable when I can...
and now that you've "tasted" this gorgeous set...
I bet it's on your "need" list...
all part of my master plan!! *giggle*

Vickie Z said...

Love the use of the twine with this lantern!! Embossed polka dots....always make me smile! Wonderful!

This is amazing, Cathy. Wow, but that twine looks fantastic in that little lantern. Aren't you the clever one!

Cathy! This is fantastic, I love that lantern and is at the top of my WM wish list. The dot embossed background is perfect.

Joyce said...

What a great card. That twine in the lantern is just brilliant. Really gives the lantern that warm glowing look. So glad you tried CASE study. I am only an occasional player, but always have fun when I play.

Sharron said...

OMG, what a clever take on the challenge! I love how you used the twine with the lantern. Your card is gorgeous!

Kim said...

Wow...just so festive and it really looks like there is light coming from that lantern. This reminds me of going to the Dickens Fair, love that vintage look.

Oh my goodness!!!! What a great idea with the twine!!! Beautiful card! Love all the dimensions and textures.

Brilliant! you are so very clever and creative!

Jeanne J said...

YAAAYYYY Cathy's in the house! WHoot Whoot! Love your take on the sketch! SO clever to have the twine peeking out from inside the lantern - so clever!

Marybeth said...

Wow,love the way you chose to use the twine,in the lamp great idea! This turned our beautiful ,Cathy. Another favoriate sentiment stamp , love that one.

CLEVER! WOW, what a creative idea using the twine behind the light. Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

cbuswell said...

oooh, very clever, I love how you used the twine, genius! stunning card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Carole said...

Hi Cathy, wonderful card, great take on the challenge and the twine really gives the lantern a lovely glow.

Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving a heartfelt comment. Greatly appreciated. Carole xox

Therese said...

Just a beautiful card! Love all the twine!

oh wow!! love that lantern and how you cut out the "glass" to have the yellow baker's twine showing through. really stunning effect! the pine branches give it a finishing touch!

Helen said...

Oh yay Cathy - congrats on your award at Case Study!! These are brilliant cards - such clever use of that colourful twine too!

Jeanne J said...

Big congrats on your win at CASE Cathy!

Jen Carter said...

Hey stranger!! I love your card!! I love how you used the twine! what a perfect challenge for you! Have you seen the Twinery's new shimmer twine? You'd love it! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!

Post a Comment
Loading...

Keep In Touch



Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Followers

Blog Archive

Card Concept Challenge

Powered by Blogger.

Awards & Recognitions






Thanks for Visiting